Over the last decades, power systems have changed dramatically. The High and Extra High Voltage (HV/EHV) grids in some countries with high penetration of renewable energy sources face completely new challenges in transmitting huge amounts of energy over very long distances. Voltage stability issues have also increased. Manufacturers of generating units based on renewable energy struggle for higher efficiency and lower specific costs. Industrial plants experience high automation due to power electronics and drives. Electrical traction becomes familiar to most people not only due to e-locomotives but also to full e-cars.
Power systems at each voltage level, ranging from few tens of Watts to some Gigawatts, are nowadays interested by a paradigm change. Lean Power Solutions supports utilities and industrial customers in analyzing their existing grids and designing new electrical systems by performing following studies:
- Strategic planning by means of steady-state power flow, short circuit current and harmonic calculations, according to IEC norms;
- Dynamic behavior and transient stresses by means of time-domain dynamic and transient simulations;
- Stability analysis by means of small-signal as well as transient stability calculations;
- Economical analysis by means of optimal power flow and reliability/availability calculations;
- Controller design by means of control parameter studies;
- Protection coordination by means of protection setting calculations.
Lean Power Solutions uses well-known power system software simulation tools. Furthermore, we support our customers for data collection and data conversion among different tools.